I've been swimming all my life, they put me in the lake at our cottage when I was still a baby, and I've seen videos of me screaming scared of whatever the water held underneath...but very shortly after I stopped, and ever since then..I haven't stopped swimming. Oh..I mean swimming at my cottage, on the lake. I stopped swimming in the Ocean about 5 years ago, when a wave took me down, took my air, took my lungs...basically after choking on water for hours after that...the dry salty sting through my windpipe and throat was enough to make me never get back in. I've been to the Caribbean twice in the past 2 years...and I haven't even gone swimming! I WILL NOT GET IN SALT WATER AGAIN. :)
Thursday, February 28, 2013
Lifescouts #8: Swimming Badge
Lifescouts is a badge-collecting community of people who share real-world experiences online.
I've been swimming all my life, they put me in the lake at our cottage when I was still a baby, and I've seen videos of me screaming scared of whatever the water held underneath...but very shortly after I stopped, and ever since then..I haven't stopped swimming. Oh..I mean swimming at my cottage, on the lake. I stopped swimming in the Ocean about 5 years ago, when a wave took me down, took my air, took my lungs...basically after choking on water for hours after that...the dry salty sting through my windpipe and throat was enough to make me never get back in. I've been to the Caribbean twice in the past 2 years...and I haven't even gone swimming! I WILL NOT GET IN SALT WATER AGAIN. :)
I've been swimming all my life, they put me in the lake at our cottage when I was still a baby, and I've seen videos of me screaming scared of whatever the water held underneath...but very shortly after I stopped, and ever since then..I haven't stopped swimming. Oh..I mean swimming at my cottage, on the lake. I stopped swimming in the Ocean about 5 years ago, when a wave took me down, took my air, took my lungs...basically after choking on water for hours after that...the dry salty sting through my windpipe and throat was enough to make me never get back in. I've been to the Caribbean twice in the past 2 years...and I haven't even gone swimming! I WILL NOT GET IN SALT WATER AGAIN. :)
Labels:
Lifescouts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment