Okay, So here's the deal. I loved Jamaica soooo much, and I regret this now, but at the time I was so captured in the moment that I didn't take many photos here!! We started out in Ocho Rios, where we took a van to a popular waterfall "Dunn's River Falls" which I would recommend if you can get there early, because the later you get there the longer the line. We were some of the first people there and didn't have to wait in line at all, but on our way out the line stretched back as far as I could see, as it is a very popular tourist attraction.
In the afternoon we traveled more inland and UP! We came across a river that you could go tubing down. This was in a more private place, and I'm not sure what the name of the place even was!! I was a little bit hesitant, and nervous at first because there wasn't a lot of information, BUT eventually I ended up in a tube on the river, floating quickly with the current! It was very exciting! But relaxing. There were little (athletic) Jamaican boys who followed us the entire way down and kept us from hitting the sides (Large rocks and tree roots) They were absolutely amazing, I would have been extremely terrified the entire time if not for them. On a calmer stretch of the River the boys would splash around and swim while we floated effortlessly down. One boy swam up to me and just held on to my arm, looking at it, stroking it, "So white." I couldn't stop laughing. I loved these so boys so much!!!
The people in Jamiaca were so nice and loving!! Even those in need, (although more pushy, as they need to be to make money) treated everyone very well. I just fell in love with the place! I would go back a thousand times! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment